CHOCOLATEEEE… Who doesn’t love it? For me, a meal isn’t complete without something sweet afterwards. Sometimes fresh blueberries or raspberries do the trick but on other days I. just. want. chocolate. Back in the day, Reese’s Pieces Peanut Butter Cups were my absolute favourite. When I first created this recipe I couldn’t believe how much they resembled the classic PB cups and how some simple ingredients could create something so glorious. The thing I love about this recipe is how easy it is to modify to personal preferences. For example, subbing peanut butter for almond butter, or leaving out the maple syrup to make it sugar-free or strictly ketogenic. This really is a ‘fool-proof’ recipe which is a crowd favourite with my friends & family and I’m sure will be with yours too!
- 3/4 cup organic coconut oil
- 3/4 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 tbsp smooth almond butter
- 3 tbsp smooth peanut butter
- Optional; 2 tbsp organic maple syrup
- Line a mini muffin tin with muffin liners.
- Heat coconut oil in a small pot on a low heat until melted.
- Add almond butter and stir gently until combined.
- Gradually add cocoa until smooth.
- Optional; pour in the desired amount of maple syrup.
- Scoop the chocolate mixture into the muffin liners to create a thin base.
- Reduce the heat and continue to gently stir the wet mixture.
- Carefully move the muffin tin into the freezer and allow 10 minutes for the base to set. Keeping a watchful eye on the leftover mixture to keep a similar consistency.
- Once hardened remove tin from freezer and scoop one teaspoon of peanut butter on top of each chocolate base.
- Using the remaining chocolate mixture, use a tablespoon to add enough mixture to completely cover the peanut butter.
- Move tin back into the freezer until firm.
- Remove peanut butter cups and muffin liners from the tin and store in the freezer in an air right container.
- Make sure to use all natural, drippy peanut butter for this recipe. I recommend ‘Pics Smooth Peanut Butter’.
- Store healthy peanut butter cups in the freezer to enjoy for later.